Hot Deal

Urgent help: Victim of mobikwik zip fraud of Rs 9500

1945°
Deal Subedar
FKAZ

Screenshot20230711003011

Hello dimers! On 10th july night i recieved a call from 8069808683 and this call was automated ivr call which said "someone is trying to login to your mobikwik account, press 1 to reject the login", then i pressed 1. After this ivr asked to enter the pin which i had recived in sms to confirm my identity. I entered otp on ivr and within 5 minutes 2 txn from my mobikwik zip balance happened worth rs 7529 (electricity bill) and 2000 (hdfc credit card bill).

I realised immediately after mistake and mailed to mobikwik to withheld those 2 txn but they replied after 24 hours that "We would like to inform you that we have taken necessary action and blocked your wallet for further misuse. Also, we would like to let you know that the whole amount is utilized in the services and we are unable to process the refund from our end.
For further beneficiary/Utilization details we request you to kindly provide the FIR copy/complaint copy or you can register your complaint at cybercrime.gov.in. you can contact your nearest cyber cell/Police/LEA's and ask them to mail us from their official mail ID for further investigation."

So dimers, what should i do now to get my money back?

Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
118 Comments  |  
69 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

It's very distressful that most people here are asking him to move on and forget the loss. That's what most of the fraudsters want and even most of the companies want the same ,that you just forget the loss.

To all those who are saying so, you might be the next target.

Anyways file an FIR first regarding the loss and  also file a complaint with RBI ombudsman against mobikiwik. Send them a legal notice and ask them to provide a resolution   within a week. If you don't get any satisfactory remarks file a complaint in district consumer court against mobikiwik.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Please have suggested to move on because they themself went through it and have experienced it. Filing FIR, consumer complaint, etc will just give you some hope. Thousands of complaint s are filed daily, it will take it's own sweet time. that's why most people suggested to move on.

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

what was the OTP message? The OTP message should have mentioned  the amount or the nature of transaction

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Mobikwik itself is a bogus company.. stay away from mobikwik for any future use..

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Think of this as lessons learnt. Not to mention I too lost Rs 1 lac
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

How? Please comment So that we too become aware of such crimes.

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Few months back may be in Jan 2023, I too faced such incident but fortunately enough lose only Rs 35 in two txn. That day, when I saw mobikwik twitter handle, it was flooded with thousands of such complaints. Also there were some info which fraudsters shared with me was the ones which I have shared with mobikwik through DM on twitter about my family details as well that was also leaked and fraudsters used the same to win my confidence in realizing that they are mobikwik team members. I mentioned everything on desidime platform but some make fun of that and no one bothered. Even after that day, there were many cashback like offers were published on desidime platform, don't know from where dimers got there coupon codes and everything become faded after that. I terminated all the mobikwik acs, their postpaid services immoderately. After 6 months few more victims as this post indicates. Friends block/terminates all the postpaid wallet such as from paytm, flipkart, mobikwik, ola, freecharge etc since every month their limits updates and this way become simple tool to withdraw for fraudsters and leave your life peacefully and secure. For small small cashback and greed, don't put your hard earned money on risk and enjoy the fraudsters. After suck incident people just shower free advice, smile and so many things but no help since all are helpless after that....

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

in any of the cases, your case will just be registered, but not acted upon,

sorry to say,  you arent going to get the money anytime soon. 

My friend lost 1.5Lac using UPI fraud.

I know this is probably the bad time for advice, but.

0) Let it go.

1) Learn From your mistakes

2) Focus on future money, rather than what's gone.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Kal to icici kyc wale ko bhaga diye.. sochke ki fraud hoga.. they visit home to do kyc.. I'd tak dikhaya par id sahi hai ya galat ye kaise pata kare..🤷

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

Points to note. No one asks for OTP. Specially banks except flipkart and other delivery services ask for OTP which we need to share when we get product.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Same thing also done from my mobikwik account,some one hack my mobikwik zip account and transfer some amount and also done bill payment.

I have also complaint to cyber crime and mobikwik,but no one help me to resolve this problem.

After some days Mobikwik agent call to me and said that settle all pending amount else our agent will come to collect money.

So please don't use this type of wallet where no one help you aslo harras you(for recovery money for fraud transaction)

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Few days back, my axis bank debit card was lost and 5 transactions of rs4900 each were done through some card machine.

Can anyone help how can i recover the money. Already loged a fir and complaint to axis cc

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Seems NFC payment skimming . As 5K is the limit the transactions are 4900. Somebody tapped your wallet with some machine?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

They can be caught easily... which fraudster fool pays credit card bill and Electricity bill...

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I too received ivr call asking to change my mobikwik zip registered mobile number & then confirm my identity . Before i blocked my number , received 6 calls from same ivr

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Kindly put OTP message format so that everyone can see it and be aware. And file complaint through all channels possible to authorities.

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

How to close mobikwik zip account?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Do raise a Ticket to fraudalerts on mobikwik.
Call them directly and raise the concern.
Tell them to connect to the electricity bill merchant to revert back the payment.
And many more steps. Connect with me. I will surely help you out.
Just be safe. Disable your account, so that you are logged out completely and other people as well who may have logged in to fraud you.

Happened with me too in January. Was a big big hassle.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Off the topic , anybody been victim of food digger scam ?
Link Copied

Update- filed e-fir 2 days ago and received sms yesterday from cybercrime that my complaint is forwarded to my nearest police station and i can contact to 9721xxxx37 for further follow up. Today i called on the given number and he said that you need to visit police station's computor operator and your money will be refunded within 26 days irrespective of culprit is caught or not/ he returns money or not.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Who would be responsible for paying back if not caught?

View 3 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I got defrauded of Rs.24050 from my Mobikwik zip account using the exact same scam as the OP mentioned, on July 8. 

I mistakenly replied to an older thread but I think this is a more relevant one. 

Here is the link to my incident: https://www.desidime.com/discussions/new-scam-t...

Mobikwik is compromised. Not only are scammers able to spoof their official customer care number, they are even spoofing their official emails to trap more unsuspecting customers. After the fraud happened on the ivr call, I received two emails from [email protected] with passwords to relogin to my currently disabled Mobikwik account. The customer service rep confirmed they never sent any such email. So who do you really trust now? The phone number you see on the phone is false..the email is false! How do you safeguard yourself from these scammers? 

Generous Generous
Link Copied

The thing you are saying 'passwords' could be 'Otps'

View 5 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Sure, It is a company called - Country club which promised vacation etc and finally didn't give anything.
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

@alekhyadas you are inviting unwanted scams to yourself by giving your numbers. remove them ASAP.

Link Copied
These are the number of the scammers
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Exactly same case done with me

9972 rupees fraud done with same pattern.

Cybercrime mein dala hai 

Dekhte hein kya hota hai

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Mee too those fuckers charged 300rs penalty on 300 rs due

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Hi, by any chance did u get any resolution to this? 

Even I got scammed in the same way, for INR 50 k

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

keep this number in record fraud call attempt made for transaction from MOBIWIK ---07064058104  .

Such Scamsters will ROT IN HELL 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Today same happens to me, farudial transaction .Transaction ID: 16934652650063031A and Amount: 57869.0. done with zip wallet  account,which was disable default. But fraud happens same has been reported to Mobikwik within 10 mins and also report same to cybercrime within 1 hr onlie.all documents shared to Mobi Kwik for doing needful.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
serious concern.. that fraud through disabled account 😳
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Sir i can't login in my account

My account is disabled please help

Screenshot20230907104521

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

All the people who lost money in Mobikwik IVR scam, Please complain to RBI OMBUDSMAN. Mobikwik is not at all responding to the issue and trying to recover the amount from poor victims with penalties. We should raise this issue to the Notice of RBI by making mass complaints. RBI OMBUDSMAN will work ASAP and pressurise Mobikwik to resolve the issue speedily.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I have got back the amount and mobikwik has settled the issue. Please check if you have done the following. 1. Report the fraud immediately to the concerned bank/merchant (over call, if outside working hours, drop an email) and request the account be blocked to prevent further fraud. 2. File a complaint with the cyber cell online, post which connect with them over call for acknowledgement and details of nearest cyber cell police station. Also, raise it with CPGRAMS, National Consumer Helpline and NPCI. 3. Give a written complaint to the nearest police station about the incident and obtain a CSR/FIR whichever applicable. 4. Visit the cyber cell in person and produce the CSR/FIR along with a written complaint. Get the transaction and fraudster account details for reference. 5. Share all the documents/info and the steps taken from your end to the bank/merchant to begin investigation from their end and also with the recipient bank/merchant to give them a heads up of the fraud and an impending chargeback request that they soon might receive on the fraudulent transaction. 6. Keep following up with your bank/merchant on a daily basis over email/call and if no response/proper resolution from the initial support team escalate this to the grievance/nodal officer . Incase of negligence not from your end or deficiency lies with your bank/merchant, reiterate on the customer liability policy as prescribed by RBI. 7. Submit a CIBIL dispute incase the issue is prolonging than expected which might threaten CIBIL score. If you have done all these and still there is no response or resolution, put a strong post on Linkedin of what all you have done and tag Mobikwik official handle, CEO and COO. They will look into it on priority.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Mera id login nahi hota hai

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Hi Dimers,

Just like most of you, I too was conned by mobikwik IVR fraud call on 4Oct23 scaring me of some suspicious activity and got trapped into typing OTP on dialpad. Within minutes, before I could realise, my zip wallet was completely used for it's 1st ever transaction of Rs.29,999/-.

I quickly complained to [email protected] and reached to their customer care, surprisingly on the same phone number. On their advice, raised a Cybercell complaint too. As they disabled my user, I had to make multiple calls to get various details about transaction to furnish in the complaint. Next was visits to police stations (jurisdictional and as per Aadhar, both). While they were ok to talk to, they kept blaming me for the mistake and how swelled they are with online fraud complaints. They agreed to investigate with a caveat that hardly ever it turns out to be fruitful.

I had almost given up but had decided to keep fighting by keeping going to Police Stations, raising complaint at CPGRAMS, writing to RBI ombudsman. Out of nowhere, I received comms from Mobikwik themselves that they are refunding this dubious transaction amount in full. I reconfirmed with its customer care that I won't get this money in dues to pay for.

You guys can't imagine how relieved I am feeling to see this mail out of the blue moon and can't but think to feel so lucky to have come out of it in a matter of just 4 days. Thanks Mobikwik for tackling this fraud in my favour. You'll are not all that bad afterall!

Screenshot20231008161406

Screenshot20231004161926

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Bhai please guide!! I have been scammed for Rs. 37000 for cc payment!

replyuser
Click here to reply