Hot Deal

Urgent help: Victim of mobikwik zip fraud of Rs 9500

1945°
Deal Subedar
FKAZ

Screenshot20230711003011

Hello dimers! On 10th july night i recieved a call from 8069808683 and this call was automated ivr call which said "someone is trying to login to your mobikwik account, press 1 to reject the login", then i pressed 1. After this ivr asked to enter the pin which i had recived in sms to confirm my identity. I entered otp on ivr and within 5 minutes 2 txn from my mobikwik zip balance happened worth rs 7529 (electricity bill) and 2000 (hdfc credit card bill).

I realised immediately after mistake and mailed to mobikwik to withheld those 2 txn but they replied after 24 hours that "We would like to inform you that we have taken necessary action and blocked your wallet for further misuse. Also, we would like to let you know that the whole amount is utilized in the services and we are unable to process the refund from our end.
For further beneficiary/Utilization details we request you to kindly provide the FIR copy/complaint copy or you can register your complaint at cybercrime.gov.in. you can contact your nearest cyber cell/Police/LEA's and ask them to mail us from their official mail ID for further investigation."

So dimers, what should i do now to get my money back?

Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
118 Comments  |  
69 Dimers
  • Sort By
Investor Guru Investor Guru
Link Copied

Log itna dusht keise ho sakte hain?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Sorry to hear about your loss, now on for any scam they simply wash their hands off and say to log a cyber complaint. Just  log a complaint and wait. Have little or no hope that you will get the refund. I have one similar issue against Myntra. it's almost 3 months still waiting for someone to look at the complaint I filed. I don't have any hopes and I have moved on.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Even the scammer is arrested you will not going to get your money back. I have never heard the victim got their money back even the scammer is arrested. You are lucky at least cyber police register your complain. In many cases, police deny to registered FIR against the scammer by saying aisa har days same complains lekar aate hai. Ulta aapko hi suna denge.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

it can be easily traced by cyber police and Mobi Kwik. but Noone will take any action for 9500.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Yes...it can be tracked and settled down easily ..but nobody will help u.. that doens't mean that you should not make any complaint against this fraud ... Try your best but don't hope for postive responses..

View 1 more reply
Heart of Gold Heart of Gold
Link Copied

Dont hope, may u get more power to bear this loss.

Take this as an experience and move on.

Dont forget to file cyber fir.

That's why i always say ,stay away for bnpl thing ,they aren't secure.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

It's nothing to do with BNPL, you give your OTP anywhere and you'll be responsible for it. Whether it's credit or debit card, or anything else.

View 1 more reply
Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

Tweet this and tag mobikwik....their twitter team responds quickly...you'll not get money but try this and some action will be taken by mobikwik which helps others at least✌️

Link Copied

Without fir, no company foes anything

View 11 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Im aware Of people doing this, they have a telegram group 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

shitt this is scary - anyone will enter otp for IVR calls - better to skip such things even if it is IVR call

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I also got these calls repeatedly few days ago. I am trying to close this zip service but Mobikwik support on chat is saying you can turn it off. They are not closing even after repeated requests. What can I do to close it?

Link Copied

Tell them on twitter. Mobikwik support is third class after paytm.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I had got call for 50k amount

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

This is what happens when you underpay the employees. They resort to other methods like this to make their ends meet. 

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Bhut time se bol rha hu stop using mobikwik,  i have been in the same situation, till now no actions taken, i paid 1103 from my pocket. Mine amount is smaller then urs but still it hurts. And dont pay a single penny from ur pocket let them taste their own medicine.

Avant Garde Avant Garde
Link Copied

Similar happened with me of ₹3000 last year in dec

Trust me no one helps

Take it as a loss and move on

More power to you persevere

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

By moving on means you paid the due amount and forgot or you still haven't paid it n reported it to necessary authorities

Link Copied

Few months back they targeted simpl app users. Now they are targeting Mobikwik zip users.

Similar IVR Scam
Simpl Accounts Getting Hacked

Please Visit
https://ddime.i...If

Note : I have closed all BNPL accounts.
Never use these services if you are not aware about phishing/vishing etc. and never share OTP/Pin at any cost via any channel

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

You missed this recent thread 

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/new-scam-t...

You can still refuse to repay the ZIP prepaid bill, claiming that you already intimated immediately for reversal of transactions.

Repeat your complaint with snapshots on their Twitter handle also 

MANISH SURENDRA JAIN/BAMBOLI

Tata power customer account no 900000434694

Mobile no. 8779977455 / 9619272826

Email: [email protected]

Username 900000434694

Password *manish123

You can login with above username and password on Tata power website and see all his electricity account details.

Call this person, tell him you are lodging FIR and you have his address. File an e-FIR on cybercrime portal and mail a copy to Mobikwik, Tata power customer care and this person 

Screenshot2023-07-12-20-21-24-39f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948

Post all screenshots of fraudulent transactions on Twitter Mobikwik handle 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
how do u manage to get the details
View 11 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

So how did the scan happen? OTP was entered on the call dial pad, and that unofficial call was not for the transaction right? How did the OTP reach the fraudster?

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Technology evolve for them too. Pura professional setup tha scammers k pas lagta hai isiliye ivr call Kiya then ivr may itp dala usse bhi nikala

View 4 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I think I will have to educate elders in my home of this new method of scam.methods used by scammers are evolving very rapidly

Avant Garde Avant Garde
Link Copied

As elders may get trapped easily ....

That's a good idea

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Since the mistake is from your side, there's little hope to get those money back!

But there is still a chance to get the money back.

Do file the fir in cyber crime office and ask them what else could be done.

There must be some insurance/ t&c which protect user of Mobikwik from such fraud. Try to find it, nobody will tell it!

Generous Generous
Link Copied

@ansh7

Share the Otp Sms format which you received on your Mobile for our education purposes.

If that otp was clearly saying that particular

Otp was for Debit Transaction or Bill Payment, then you should not have entered it on IVR call.
They can modify/ Twist/ Alter the call
But they can't change/ Twist the format of OTP. That was real Debit Otp Sms from Mobikwik. Did you enter it on IVR without reading complete Sms ?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

File FIR, send a copy to mobikwik if possible. Then post on Twitter, linkedin with your issue mentioning you have also forwarded FIR copy. Post a thread on desidime with your Twitter link and we will retweet it. Tag me in the thread.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Same fraud was happened in my Mobikwik wallet account in 2021 but nobody take any action. Don't expect with Mobikwik as they will not do any thing. After some times you will get threatening calls from Mobikwik for payment of utilized amount. They will start call to your relatives for payment update. I have already faced these things. Till todyy I am getting reminder messages and mails for payment. I have also received 2 legal notice from Mobikwik.

Simply log complaint in RBI against Mobikwik and attached Fir copy of cyber crime police. They will be able settle your case. If you will not pay their Zip bills then they will notify you delay in CIBIL and your rating will get reduce drastically.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Never share your OTP
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Yes. But in this incident the IVR was so convincing the OP became victim unknowingly.

Comrade Comrade
Link Copied

Ye sab dekh ke band Kara dunga apana sab zip zap Paylater, nahi chahiye muje.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Same here, on 10 June Rs 18500 deducted from my mobikwik wallet.

Link Copied

A similar kind of incident happened with one of my relatives a year ago. He somehow called on the wrong customer care number and shared the OTP on call with the fraudster and then suddenly multiple transactions were done of 25k on his mobikwik zip wallet. After the incident, my relative lodge a complaint to cyber police and also called to mobikwik customer care and what they've done, they blocked his mobikwik account. 

After few days, mobidick asked to pay the money but still my relative was not able to access his account and he denied paying the money because he didn't get any kind of support from the company (visited mobikwik office, mailed them but no replies etc) and then Mobikwik also hired a lawyer for this incident. After all of this, my relative reached out to RBI ombudsman and complained about Mobidick. mobidick and lawyers are still calling him on mobile and asked him to pay the money otherwise they will do a case against him, this entire thing is still going on and there is no hope that Mobidick will help in this case.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Somehow these frauds are managing google search to display their customer care numbers in place of originals.

Link Copied

Thank you so much for bringing out this matter in front of all of us. This will help us to be aware of such scams. I'm so sorry for your loss buddy🥺 please file a case in cybercrime official website and lodge a FIR and tweet them in Twitter. I'm really disappointed to say but there is very less chances of reversal of your unauthorised transactions.

At the end I must say please don't leave it in a half way, try everything that you can do from your end. So sorry for your loss bro.🥺

Comrade Comrade
Link Copied

Incoming Ivr me button press hi nahi karana hai angry

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Truecaller helps in a way to identify scam calls.

Link Copied

Going to block all kind of pay later services I have taken so far.😑

replyuser
Click here to reply