Stars in the sky

112°
Deal Subedar
agarsh

Due to rising light pollution, we are not able to enjoy the view of stars in the sky.

The view of stars in the sky is beautiful when such view of night sky is clear of any artificial light.

Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Light pollution is mostly unknown by the people of the Indian continent and other developing nations. Me, being a resident of a metro city, am unable to see stars on the night (even on clear sky)due to light and air pollution! Even at 02:00, I just see the hue of sodium vapour lamps when I face (upward) the sky! A 2 hour train journey to villages makes me realise what I'm missing in my life! Who knew that a simple phenomenon like watching stars will be so rare one day! In addition, excessive light disrupts our daily life cycle and results in less deep sleep, agitated mood etc. We need to learn a lot of things like not honking, less AC usage, using cycle, bus, metro instead of cars, taxi, auto etc, including avoiding unnecessary lighting on the street.

10 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

These days DD threads are bringing stars ✨ and tears 😭 to me. 

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@agarsh Let's go to Spiti Valley 

images

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

And due to your Spamming posts we are not able to enjoy Desidime.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I think OP has target like 1 post per day or 1 post per week so hence these posts are smile

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Light pollution is mostly unknown by the people of the Indian continent and other developing nations. Me, being a resident of a metro city, am unable to see stars on the night (even on clear sky)due to light and air pollution! Even at 02:00, I just see the hue of sodium vapour lamps when I face (upward) the sky! A 2 hour train journey to villages makes me realise what I'm missing in my life! Who knew that a simple phenomenon like watching stars will be so rare one day! In addition, excessive light disrupts our daily life cycle and results in less deep sleep, agitated mood etc. We need to learn a lot of things like not honking, less AC usage, using cycle, bus, metro instead of cars, taxi, auto etc, including avoiding unnecessary lighting on the street.

Brand Enthusiast Brand Enthusiast
Link Copied

If you like villages and view stars, who is stopping? Responsibilities? Yes now in middle-age 😉

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Why are you trying to view stars? Take a look in the mirror, you will see a Dost and Dimes Superstar.

replyuser
Click here to reply