Hot Deal

RBI Order SBICARDS to compensate Rs 5000 for rejected SBI Cashback credit card

351°
Finance Ninja
abhishek012

RBI Ombudsman Order SBICARDS to compensate Rs 5000 as they rejected someone's SBI Cashback credit card:

Note - this info is shared by one twitter user - ProfessorCardz

Now you know what to do if your card is being rejected

P
rocess as explained by OP and I quote:

"1.Save All Emails: When I received the rejection email, I immediately saved all the emails I had received from SBI as PDFs.

2.Contact Customer Care: I first contacted the normal customer care address, asking for the reason for the rejection. When they responded with a vague “internal policy” reason, I saved that response too. I asked again, received the same response, and saved that as well.

3.Escalate to the Nodal Officer: Next, I wrote to the Nodal Officer, repeating the process. I asked twice, and each time they gave me the same internal policy reason, which I saved.

4.Contact Head Customer Care: Finally, I contacted the Head Customer Care via the SBI Card website. Again, I got the same response and saved all the email chains along the way.

5.File the Ombudsman Complaint: When filing a complaint with the Ombudsman, they ask for details about the initial complaint, the bank’s reply, and any follow-up communications. They also want proof that you’ve tried to escalate the issue within the bank."

GVrOhljW4AAOCx5

sbicc

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Let's start doing this against every bank so that those idiots start giving a valid reason for rejection.

21 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Let's start doing this against every bank so that those idiots start giving a valid reason for rejection.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I did for AU already they said serviceability as reason also remove CIBIL enquiry.

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I did same for Airtel Banks sent all emails and call recordings did not resolved by RBI Omb its ongoing.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

👿TIME for me to do this to axis for 20 times rejection 

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied

Compansation is not for rejection, but for not giving valid reason

View 1 more reply
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

this is one of the case it wont repeat again:) as its already exposed:) this wont repeat

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

It has and it will keep repeating

View 5 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Lmao, after HDFC, Bob, Federal, Kotak now it's SBI getting bambooed by RBI. laughing Kudos to RBI  raised_hands

Desperately waiting for the turn of Ax$h!t bank with a popcorn bucket. 🤣

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Jab wo kuchh reply hi na kare to kaun sa reply add karna hai omb me? Hamne sbi se puchhe hue 1 month ho gaya.. lagta hai lightly le rahe hame.. 2 banks ko ghutne pe la chuka hu abtak.. one icici other indus....but ye to answer hi nahi de rahe.. unamused

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
They will respond if you persistently bother them. ICICI & Indus ko kaise laaye the aap ghutne pe?
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

My sbi cb cc application rejected 3 time no proper reason given already holding 2 sbicc just wrote email to customer care to give written rejection reason other wise complaining rbi ombudsman 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

There needs to be a buffer (website/forum) between card holders and banks. So you do a OTP login in, get a random username. describe your problem without private info, and leave it at that. There is no discussion or anything. It is simply a public record for everyone to gauge the severity (or lack of it) of their own problem. site admin have tools to flag spamming, trolling and flag that complaint, but the complaint remains.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

My one got rejected around 5 times

Although I already have sbi simply click and Paytm sbi card

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

useful info to keep in mind. we shall use it when necessary. 

replyuser
Click here to reply