new scam

157°
Deal Subedar
suhamaha305

Bhai logo - just be more cautious.

I faced a similar issue twice and wanted to share it with you so that you do not end up in another scam.

Last week Amazon delivery boy handed over to me a packet and asked me to pay 476 Rs because I ordered on COD. I took 10 min to think and finally returned him saying its not belong to me though my name/address was there. It was very light weight some clothes was there. He reattempted the delivery after 2 days again.

This week also same thing happened to me, they are using Amazon delivery for such scams. The boy asked me to pay 375 Rs for few Ghungroos.

Look at the trend, price figures, Amazon's frequent buyers, and names of items that were clueless and hard to understand.

Could be Amazon delivery boys are involved in it. Just be cautious.

Top Comments
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

hmmm on second thought wont the Po*ice ask more than 500 after visit for chai

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
@DEEPANGEORGE Lock them too and Call CID
15 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Tell him to Sit inside a room and lock the door.

Call police.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

hmmm on second thought wont the Po*ice ask more than 500 after visit for chai

View 5 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Fake sellers want to earn some money.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
So, pay using fake money 😄

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Thanks for the heads up!! Was it Amazon packaging with Amazon/ Prime packing tape?

We have 2 options, either match the invoice number or open the package in front of the delivery guy. 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
it was looking genuine amazon prime packing with scan code.
View 1 more reply
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Delhivery courier's website used to have the PDFs of the 'run-sheets' as per station code or hub.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

These used to be uploaded in a particular format

and anyone who could build the URL after knowing the hub's designated number.. could download the PDFs.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

I myself did it long back, but I used google's website cache hacks and deep query methods.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Even otherwise, kids as young as 20-22 from small small towns register as sellers on sites.

(One seller/person creates more than 8-10 different seller accounts on the same platform).

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

They then fish for data of gullible fools.

List some item at ridiculously low prices.

Fools order.

Seller/scammers now have their potential future targets.😁😄

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

You think.. oh wow.. 1TB SSD at 2400₹

no risk trying via COD.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

While they just got one more lead for future attacks.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Even here on DesiDime, people have come back and reported falling victim to the COD scam.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

It is foolish to do cheap things like taking freebies in lieu of fake ratings, fake reviews or to have hundreds of parcels every week.. unless one is in the digital marketing business.

People give away one's address, phone number even for 5 rupees cashbacks.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

If one orders only what one has an immediate need for or at most something of potential need

...then it is not too difficult to keep track of AWB numbers.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

If i am travelling, I even message myself or email myself the tracking number and the corresponding amount.

Even for prepaid orders.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

So that if it returns, I am aware of the pending refund.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

As per habit, even when or if a DA calls up.. i first ask for the city (as I order to different locations), then check WHICH logistics partner itbis and then ask them for the tracking number.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Started this after an embarrassing situation where i had kept pickups of two different portals, with the building security.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Those were ealy days of Snapdeal Fashionara Flipkart Jabong and pickup guys did not check.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

The watchmen heard 'flat number 123'.. and gave wrong parcels to the agents of two different sites.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Although both sites, processed the refunds, but their warehouse teams would have flagged it.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Now i already revise the upcoming pick-ups or deliveries.. based on their UID.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Same thing happened to me with parcel delivering by Indian post office 

Cool Cool
Link Copied

I've been shopping online for maybe 10 years and so and because of things like this I never use COD.

I've informed my parents, siblings repetitively, that if a order booked it will be pre-paid. If I book Ola/Uber , it will be pre-paid. Too many scams all around

replyuser
Click here to reply