is there is way to derieve alternate normal number from paid 1860 helpline number ?

104°
Generous
demerius2020

TLDR :FOR ANYONE READING THIS IN FUTURE THERE IS NO NEED TO READ SHAMELESS CLUELESS REPLY BELOW THERE IS TWO WAYS AT LEAST

1.THE NUMBER AT THE BACK OF CARD WORKS SOMETIME 

2.CALL /EMAIL CUSTOMER CARE AND ASK THEM TO GIVE YOU NUMBER THAT U CAN DIAL FROM ABROAD , TELL THEM YOU ARE TRAVELLING ABROAD

INDIA IS FULL OF PATHTIC PEOPLE , 

-OK the fun part is even if u have unlimited call pack on non-jio mobiles the 1860 helpline number want to eat up your main balance and then there is press 1 ,2 ,3 and long queue time wasting before u talk to any human and then the crap they begin for verification pupose and all eat up your balace all time u had that unlimited calling pack

-banks customer care often dont tell u normal calling number , sometime we find it thru google or something

-i saw some thread somewhere i forgot where some tech guy had this someohow was able to dereive the backend normal std number behind those 1860 number

-and yes i love all banks and when i will be billaionre i will donate them money to have a toll free number or something but unfortunately for us all till then i need some toll free number to call upon as they sleep on email for many days

-also if u know alternate normal std number for customer care for all banks please share for the help of all

-this all seems a scam u see , bank keep 1860 as customer care number instread of toll free or std number /mobile company unlimited plan dont work /u need main balance /long waiting on customer care eat that up /customer loss

What this means is that if the products sold by these companies develop a fault, then the customer has to suffer twice — once because of a product that is not in working condition, and then a second time — by paying a premium to inform the company that their product is malfunctioning. And the company that sold the faulty product makes more money out of the customers’ misery.

It’s a shame India’s weak consumer laws don’t make it mandatory for companies to provide toll-free customer-support numbers.

-and they have a number of their office they just hide it like a girl hiding her cat

FOR ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS THREAD IN FUTURE THERE IS NO NEED TO SCROLL DOWN AND READ HELPLESS SHAMELESS REPLY THERE ARE TWO WAYS I KNOW OFF

-THE NUMBER WRITTEN AT THE BACK OF CARD

-CALL/EMAIL CUSTOMER CARE AND TELL THEM TO PROVIDE ALTERNATE NUMBER AS YOU ARE TRAVELLING ABROAD

-INDIA REALLY IS FULL OF PATHETIC PEOPLE

-OK the fun part is even if u have unlimited call pack on non-jio mobiles the 1860 helpline number want to eat up your main balance and then there is press 1 ,2 ,3 and long queue time wasting before u talk to any human and then the crap they begin for verification pupose and all eat up your balace all time u had that unlimited calling pack

-banks customer care often dont tell u normal calling number , sometime we find it thru google or something

-i saw some thread somewhere i forgot where some tech guy had this someohow was able to dereive the backend normal std number behind those 1860 number

-and yes i love all banks and when i will be billaionre i will donate them money to have a toll free number or something but unfortunately for us all till then i need some toll free number to call upon as they sleep on email for many days

-also if u know alternate normal std number for customer care for all banks please share for the help of all

-this all seems a scam u see , bank keep 1860 as customer care number instread of toll free or std number /mobile company unlimited plan dont work /u need main balance /long waiting on customer care eat that up /customer loss

What this means is that if the products sold by these companies develop a fault, then the customer has to suffer twice — once because of a product that is not in working condition, and then a second time — by paying a premium to inform the company that their product is malfunctioning. And the company that sold the faulty product makes more money out of the customers’ misery.

It’s a shame India’s weak consumer laws don’t make it mandatory for companies to provide toll-free customer-support numbers.

-and they have a number of their office they just hide it like a girl hiding her cat

FOR ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS THREAD IN FUTURE THERE IS NO NEED TO SCROLL DOWN AND READ HELPLESS SHAMELESS REPLY THERE ARE TWO WAYS I KNOW OFF

-CALL/EMAIL CUSTOMER CARE AND TELL THEM TO PROVIDE ALTERNATE NUMBER AS YOU ARE TRAVELLING ABROAD

-also if u know alternate normal std number for customer care for all banks  please share for the help of all

20 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Doesn't answer your query but I've never faced a bank not having toll free nos.

The official websites mostly have the toll free listed, else I just email since customer care feels unknowledgeable anyway for important queries.

Generous Generous
Link Copied
ICICI credit card,, and all there customer care will never ever tell u website dont mention it .. somehow i still go tit
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
So you do not know that 1860 was never a toll-free service?
I do agree that the scam needs to stop. Scam of the companies robbing ud of a way to easily connevt via a ten digit fixed line or cellular number.
1860 is from the legacy era when STD/long distance rates used to be a massive drain and the 1860 had an EPABX system to route the call within the same state, city.
The system needs to be phased out, just like the call-collect service.

I still am a big fan of the call collect feature.
I am just saying thst 1860 services should be phased out in favour of 1800 or normal tolled numbers.

For bluedart and all.. i call up their 044 or the 022 numbers.
The internal EPABX re-routing of calls to 112 911 100 1930 1860 1800 is usually not made public.
So there usually is no way to know it. There ARE exceptions though where it becomes obvious. One guest house/ villa type property in Rishikesh had their 1800 number connecting to the manager's desk and mobile and that was one way. Else sonetimes some employees privately share the numbers where such calls go to.
Generous Generous
Link Copied
-My knowledge of  1860 was never a toll-free service?
-scam needs to stop.
-HIstory of 1860....
-The system needs....
-your fanship...
-your just saying....
-...usually not made public
-your guest house

.. these are very well addressed to the point reply u made a simply NO would had sufficed---So there usually is no way to know it."
View 2 more replies
Heart of Gold Heart of Gold
Link Copied

Only for this particular reason i switched from airtel to jio...

Generous Generous
Link Copied
and i always what is so special about JIO that they have this 1860 number free?
Critic Critic
Link Copied

No. Find the toll free no. on bank's website. Also, email is always a better option because that is in written form & the reason why you get slow reply on email because phone talk has no value but email has as one can upload its screenshot/check its authenticity while complaining to higher authorities incl rbi ombudsman. That is why customer care thinks many times more while replying on email because if they write anything wrong then that can be used against them. On the other hand, over call any customer care executive can promise you the moon without any responsibility.

Generous Generous
Link Copied
-better option 
-reason for slow reply on email
-phone talk got no value
-email can be launched into RBI ans
-why customer care thinks many times more while replying on email because...
-On the other hand,
-promise you the moon
... all this doesnt answer

MY  question :
is there is way to derieve alternate normal number from paid 1860 helpline number ?
View 1 more reply
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

just search google for toll free numbers:) no one will keep this list updated on all bank toll free, put some effort in searching toll free numbers you will find it 

Generous Generous
Link Copied
but what wud be banks problem in keeping a tollfree/ or simply a std based complain number that we can call , why we need main balance to spend necessarily
View 6 more replies
Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

Bhai ne Dukhti Rag hi pakad li hai

replyuser
Click here to reply