Insurance related query

173°
Heart of Gold
Garyhost

Can we claim braces under Tata AIG insurance? I asked the doctor, and he will provide some surgical bills.

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Dimer of The Year 2022 Dimer of The Year 2022
Link Copied

No, dental health insurance does not offer coverage for braces since that comes under cosmetic surgery. Your dental insurance plan will only cover tooth extractions, root canal and tooth fillings.

ref

Heart of Gold Heart of Gold
Link Copied

If we present it as surgery, the doctor said he/she will provide the bills.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
@Garyhost

Present it as accidental injury after which such treatment was necessary.

Doctor if helping must mention that in papers clearly.

*Secret: Do help others.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Dental insurance won't cover braces as the same falls under cosmetic surgery. It covers medical expenses for in-patient hospitalisation for dental procedures under anaesthesia due to accident/illness/injury.

Unless you show that as a result of accident/injury, I don't believe you can claim that

14 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

It depends on your policy and coverage. Not all policies are the same. Read through your policy documents.

Dimer of The Year 2022 Dimer of The Year 2022
Link Copied

No, dental health insurance does not offer coverage for braces since that comes under cosmetic surgery. Your dental insurance plan will only cover tooth extractions, root canal and tooth fillings.

ref

Link Copied

If we present it as surgery, the doctor said he/she will provide the bills.

View 4 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I never seen it covered under any insurance. 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Dental insurance won't cover braces as the same falls under cosmetic surgery. It covers medical expenses for in-patient hospitalisation for dental procedures under anaesthesia due to accident/illness/injury.

Unless you show that as a result of accident/injury, I don't believe you can claim that

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I have no idea of Tata AIG insurance t&c, but generally only accidental dental injuries are covered by insurance. Doctor Saab can do some jugaad & provides the bill but please be aware that, if Tata AIG finds out, in the worst case scenario, they may cancel the policy and retain the premiums paid.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Only accident surgery will be covered for dental no cosmetic. You can drive into your doctors car he will claim car insurance you claim both car and dental win win 😂

Link Copied

Unless u met with an accident and doctor has no choice than to treat ur dental implant, it's not going to get reimburse.

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

Some answered correctly. Dental is considered as cosmetic so not covered. Some policies cover some dental procedures. Don't go with the suggestion of fake bills or fake accident. In future if you want to port policy you should disclose it and there may be rejection or premium loading.

replyuser
Click here to reply