Hot Deal

Amazon Prime Shopping Edition introduced @399/year ( user specific)

1400°
Trailblazer
itsmerj005
Amazon Prime Shopping Edition introduced @ 399/year ( user specific)

Amazon Prime Shopping Edition introduced

Top Comments
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@Faug Not for people like me who don't like to waste time in movies.

Doesn't mean I don't watch them but only from piracy websites since what I want to watch is hardly available on top Indian streaming sites & I can't sign up to everything. A lot of content is international or something that comes here months later.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
@DeleteThisAccountAdminOrBanMe

Well it was generic reply since by paying ₹600/yr extra everyone in your family can watch movies and Amazon offer some great tv shows but since you compared with ‘piracy’ : like shows not available, can’t wait etc, it’s useless to even continue this! 

FYI: I’ve subscribed to almost all streaming services available in India (₹6-10k average yearly)  as my family or me doesn’t have time or patience to check piracy sites or download content and then checking for better print quality.

Also, I’m happy to support the content so that pirate users can enjoy good content for free! If everyone start doing pirate and nobody will support the content creators, there won’t be anything produced by the industry. People treat piracy as right and convenience! Sorry bro, but that’s not how the reality works. 

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Well it was generic reply since by paying ₹600/yr extra everyone in your family can watch movies and Amazon offer some great tv shows but since you compared with ‘piracy’ : like shows not available, can’t wait etc, it’s useless to even continue this! 

FYI: I’ve subscribed to almost all streaming services available in India (₹6-10k average yearly)  as my family or me doesn’t have time or patience to check piracy sites or download content and then checking for better print quality.

Also, I’m happy to support the content so that pirate users can enjoy good content for free! If everyone start doing pirate and nobody will support the content creators, there won’t be anything produced by the industry. People treat piracy as right and convenience! Sorry bro, but that’s not how the reality works. 

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@Faug

Piracy for me is not a choice but a compulsion, which is the only reason I compared it to. I understand your perspective where you're comparing me to the I pay vs I pirate gang but the scenario for me is where I'm happy to pay but for what I want.

If streaming platforms offered a choice of being able to watch a single title just by paying for it, I'd be happy to pay for the one. If streaming platforms platforms offered an open protocol, a single website where I can type in the movie name, pay for that single title, I'd be happy to. And it's not hard to create multi-platform distribution. Lionsgate has their website but it's also on Prime.

But no way I'm subscribing to 5 platforms only to watch 1 movie that I really want to watch once a month but keep all subscribed. I can't pay for convenience only to later search around which platform really has the title I wanna watch. It's a hassle subscribing & cancelling.

Original CDs existed earlier & people paid for what they wanted to watch. You don't subscribe to a movie theatre & keep yourself limited to what they screen. You go & pay only for the movie you wanna watch wherever you wanna watch it.

Subscriptions might be good for those who get its worth value where enough users/family members watch the content & watch enough content like binge without exactly knowing what they wanna watch. Nearly every time, I know what I wanna watch & then I have to search around where it's available only to end up knowing that it's not available on any Indian site.

Let me pay for the one I wanna watch on a single website. I don't wanna jump around searching for everything. You don't go to each movie theatre's site to book a ticket. A single site has all details and bookings which is available across apps & websites. Hotels don't only exist on their own website, they're everywhere.

Make good content, people will buy your title more. Make good content, people will buy your company's subscription more.

If every streaming platform allowed the access to their content on a per title basis alongside subscriptions, it'll only increase their revenue which they don't want because recurring subscriptions is a capitalist a-hole move they wouldn't wanna change from. Just like I know I need AZ Shopping Edition because it is worth it for me & I will use it, so I'm ready to pay for it. Also, Spotify, Apple & some others.

If you think you're getting your money's worth, good for you. Nothing against you, but if you think paying for those subscriptions is a godly act you're doing, well, that's not true.

I like paying for good stuff & for what deserves it but easily giving in to their greedy moves isn't happening for me. If I pay for the highest tier Netflix sub, let me f**king use 4 screen wherever I want, why the f do they care whether one is in Delhi & the other in Mumbai but no, they have to crackdown on password sharing when I'm already paying the said price.

It's already started, but next will be a subscription to go below 20 degree on your AC, or to recline a seat in the car you bought or to connect your phone to your car for music or your phone that will only allow unlocking it 50 times a month for the base plan or 500 times for the highest tier.

PS.: Writing this made me realise Google's Voice Typing is quite good.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Bro not gonna read all that long paragraph. I confess. 

Sorry, once a pirate start giving reasons is always a pirate! Chill and enjoy your life. I’m no one that requires your attention. 

I’m enjoying paying for services, you enjoy being a free rider as pirate. Peace. 

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@Faug

And they say the attention span is not going down...

PS.: Thanks for subsidizing the content. ✌

80 Comments  |  
43 Dimers
  • Sort By
The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied

Still waiting..

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Can we upgrade to the normal prime subscription by paying the difference if we subscribe the shipping edition?

Trailblazer Trailblazer
Link Copied
That's not possible ig
replyuser
Click here to reply