Which one you suggest?
15 days left

USA Stock Investment - 2024

296°
Generous
Rajkotian
I was waiting for Zerodha to come up with some out-of-the-box solution for this. But now thinking of starting a direct investment in US Stocks with the available options. After a bit of research, I found INDMoney is the most viable option concerning fees and everything. (I mostly target my investments for the long term i.e. 3-5-10+ years.)

Share your experience and the most rewarding way of opening an account. (Referrals are welcome.)

PS: I have friends and relatives in the US, so if I can get help from any of them to get the better pricing/more trusted account/etc. (Legal ways only.)

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

to invest in direct stocks with full real ownership, you have to open direct account with Charles Schwab like that . but to avoid day trading rstrictions , account has to be atleast $25000 minimum to start with . to trade comfortably in& out you need say US$ 40000 .TD waterhouse now schwab is reliable. They have the maximum global/international Non resident/ /non usa citizen accounts. with out Rs 30-35lakhs to start with dont think about direct USA brokerage. I have traded with TD waterhouse since late 1990's and now schwab is relaible.

Interactive Brokers offers global trading (including India which is not good for Indian citizens compared to say Zerodha) and has offices in India . they do open usa trading for Indian citizens. they will act smart but if you persist , you can open account . minimum outlay is 30000 us $😄

40 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

What about hdfc sky ?

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Can you please share the comparison with the INDMoney and your experience if used?

Do they allow all the US Stocks or limited?

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

no options in india where u can own us stocks & some even offer CFD aka fractional shares = different from shares

all apps mentioned are just custodian account where NO REAL OWNERSHIP lies with customer.

1.u pay money to indian broker

2. Indian broker asks US broker to buy shares

3. Bought shares are internally linked to customer (like wallet, reward pts)

Gambling with small money is ok  if things go wrong then u will end up in a pickle.

Now if u are a big boy then go to Charles Schwab International & all that

Generous Generous
Link Copied
That's interesting, I was avoiding them to date with that understanding only. But now they advertise like we will have our own separate kinda demat/brokerage account with their partnered US broker.
So, now after reading everything I thought they were making us the direct owner of those shares/not from the pooled account.
View 7 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Indian market m opportunities bahut h...

Generous Generous
Link Copied

India chhidkar usa me kaun lagaa raha . Grth yaha ka super hai other market se

Generous Generous
Link Copied

@popeyemask @Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas Yes, India has a lot of opportunities, and my first preference is the Indian Market only. Just want to diversify a little amount out of the sentiments to some US-based organizations. That's the only reason. 😄

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

How about mutual funds that invest in us stocks.

I remember motital Oswald s&p 500. I haven't tracked it in a while.

There is also fof like nasdac 100 etc.,

But with the recent changes, I am afraid they will be taxed the same as debt funds.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Thanks, but interested in the direct and specific stocks only.

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

Indian market mey better opportunity hai. 

Otherwise indmoney is good.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

to invest in direct stocks with full real ownership, you have to open direct account with Charles Schwab like that . but to avoid day trading rstrictions , account has to be atleast $25000 minimum to start with . to trade comfortably in& out you need say US$ 40000 .TD waterhouse now schwab is reliable. They have the maximum global/international Non resident/ /non usa citizen accounts. with out Rs 30-35lakhs to start with dont think about direct USA brokerage. I have traded with TD waterhouse since late 1990's and now schwab is relaible.

Interactive Brokers offers global trading (including India which is not good for Indian citizens compared to say Zerodha) and has offices in India . they do open usa trading for Indian citizens. they will act smart but if you persist , you can open account . minimum outlay is 30000 us $😄

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
how was your exp, easy/diff earning compared to here
View 7 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Staw away from wasted at all costs. Try directly with schwab, you wont regret it.

Generous Generous
Link Copied
Minimum $25,000 deposit is bottleneck bro.
Not planning for such heavy amount as of now.
@posiedon

View 3 more replies
Pro DealBaba Pro DealBaba
Link Copied

My 5paisa allows for international investment

View 3 more replies
Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

I have used vested and ind money.

Ind money is cheaper than vested. Vested is cleaner to use.

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

hdfc are reliable but don't know their broking charges!

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Thanks all, KG++ to all. 🙌🏼

replyuser
Click here to reply