Unfortunately this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future.
Hot Deal
Lowest - Usha Grand Jet 2200 Watts 400ml Steam Iron (Detachable Water Tank, GJ2200CS, Pink)

Lowest - Usha Grand Jet 2200 Watts 400ml Steam Iron (Detachable Water Tank, GJ2200CS, Pink)

808°
73% OFF 2990.0
Entertainer
zaickar
https://www.croma.com/usha-grand-jet-2200-watts... Limited time deal

Apply code - CRMAOMDD5H

Key Features
  • Steam Iron
  • 5 Modes
  • Continuos Steam: 28 g/min
  • Scratch Resistant Ceramic Soleplate
  • Power: 2200 Watts
  • 24 Months Warranty
Expired
Top Comments
Commentator Commentator
Link Copied
@tower

16A is the max current the plug can draw and supply to the iron box. The device itself doesn't need 16 amp to work. The adapter is not a converter. It's only an adapter to accommodate a 16amp male plug into a common 5 amp female socket. So it is safe to use. The 16amp plugs provide more heat so any adapter tend to burn/melt. That's the only problem.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
@LordGane NASA, Nobel prize giving committee need to know about geniuses like you.

Thank you so much for the education.
Commentator Commentator
Link Copied
@tower Dear Desidime Einstein,

Let me puncture your arrogance and stupidity at the same time.

Some electric devices like Iron box, AC, water motor, geysers etc. need more power to run.

Power = voltage * current.

Voltage is practically constant at 220 volt and current supplied is 5 amp in India.  Voltage can't be changed by devices. Maximum power is also fixed by devices ex 2200w for this iron box. 220*5 = 1100w not sufficient for this iron box.

As Power and voltage are constant, the manufacturer tries to increase the current instead for efficient working of devices. Current is generated by passing a stream of electrons through a conducting material. So, bigger conductors = more current. So, these devices have power socket with BIGGER pins to draw more current. To achieve this exactly, "bigger pins" are used in the plug. That's why 5 or 6 amp plugs have smaller size pins compared to 16 amp plugs. 

That's why adapters are used for convenience. The farmer turned electricians, school dropout electricians don't know the formulas but surely they have better knowledge than empty vessels like you. Did you really think manufacturers are dumb to produce 2000, 2200w iron boxes?
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
@LordGane

Some electric devices like Iron box, AC, water motor, geysers etc. need more power to run.

Power = voltage * current * (edit: powerfactor) 

Voltage is practically constant at 220 volt and current supplied is 5 amp in India. Voltage can't be changed by devices. Maximum power is also fixed by devices ex 2200w for this iron box. 220*5 = 1100w not sufficient for this iron box.

Let's forget about the power factor/let's take it as 0.9. 

2200 watt has 220 volts in the arsenal, how much current shall it need to operate at 2200 watt?

2200 = 220 X current X 0.9

current = 11.11 A 

As Power and voltage are constant, the manufacturer tries to increase the current instead for efficient working of devices.

Current is generated by passing a stream of electrons through a conducting material. So, bigger conductors = more current. So, these devices have power socket with BIGGER pins to draw more current. To achieve this exactly, "bigger pins" are used in the plug. That's why 5 or 6 amp plugs have smaller size pins compared to 16 amp plugs.

It is not for efficient working. It is mandatory to operate at higher current states in order to deliver 2200 watts. Here we have a problem. Giving bigger pins is not enough. The wires we gonna use need to be able handle 11.11 A. If we use 5A socket then it is like the following diagram assuming that the appliance is being plugged into a power supply capable of handling 11.11 A.

11A

Due to conservation of energy the conductor designed to carry 5A will dissipate a lot of heat thanks to i^2 X resistance loss. And it will definitely do some damage to the insulator covering it. 

Since our original questioner @Promo_Dealer123 sought advice regarding 16Amp socket, I think the situation is rather drastic. He is planning to plug this 2200 Watt rated appliance to a 5 Amp power supply. The power circuitry of the house is doomed. He is looking at very expensive repairs and fire hazards. But the fuses ll go out. The MCB ll trip. Bro, @Promo_Dealer123 don't do it. We have been there and done that. It was a govt quarter so we did not foot the bill but the lesson is going to stick with us (me n my family) for lifetime. 

There is a reason the 16Amp sockets are wired differently from the meter and the wires are soooo thick. 

That's why adapters are used for convenience. removed. Did you really think manufacturers are dumb to produce 2000, 2200w iron boxes?

It is a dumb idea to plug 2000/2200W iron in a 5Amp socket using a 5Amp adapter. @Spock wanted to point out this to you.  

@MrKool_JJ (Our certified electrical engineer) can validate this.

Commentator Commentator
    Link Copied
    @VicksJ Outstanding logic. AC is run continuously for hours so it needs its own circuit to prevent  fluctuations whereas a kettle or an iron box or an electric stove are not that's why they come with strict "auto cut off". It's common sense. Hope you remember science from school, current produces heat due to resistance. So a bigger socket produces even more heat. That's why I mentioned in the first answer itself the common problem with using adapters is they melt due to excess heat. The heat doesn't decrease because you use a high gauge wire "inside the home" as the heat is produced by the conducting material of the appliance male plug not the female plug of the wall socket. How hard it is to understand. High gauge wire is used to prevent tripping and doesn't decrease the heat generated. The risk of socket burning still be there. I already said that the supply that comes to home itself is 5 amp. And tripping can happen with cheap quality wires even with a 750w mixer grinder also. Also what exactly are you going to do? Raze down the house and start electric wiring with a high gauge wire to use the water kettle? You need to go back to school if you are still going to argue 16amp can't be used at home unless as I said you think you know more than Prestige, Philips etc. engineers with all those water kettles, induction stove, iron boxes, monitors etc. I have been using numerous appliances for more than a decade with adapters. Insurance is a good idea if you use cheap quality wires not because you use iron boxes else Prestige would have given free insurance along with their kettles and iron boxes since ages.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
    Link Copied
    @LordGane

DUDE SERIOUSLY !!!! you think the power company supply 5A to your home. And all this time I learnt in school is that india uses 220 V 50HZ AC, Current is drawn based on the load. so for a 2000W appliance, considering voltage is 220V and fix, the current drawn is around 9A.

As it is not feasible to have different sizes socket for each current requirement, we have 2 standard used in household 5A and 16A. And 16A are made bigger in size so dumb people do not plug them in 5A plugs and melt it because of heat or worse create fire hazard

Below excerpts from QUORA, sums it up very beautifully

Since thick conductors offer less resistance and carrying more current needs the resistance to be less, generally 16amp plugs use thick probes that aren't pluggable to 6 amp sockets.

So why did they make them in-suitable for each other because they weren't supposed to be used in such a way. Of course, you might use some sort of adaptor to do it, but it is unsafe.

Why it is unsafe is

• 6 amp sockets are typically wired inside with 1 sqmm thick and 16 amps are wired with 2.5sqmm thick wires respectively.
    • From the first statement, thick conductors have less resistance and thin conductors have more resistance. The same is applicable for wires.
    • When using 16amp over 6amp sockets, the less thickness causes more resistance, and with that high amount of resistance, the conductor (wire) dissipates more heat.
    • The heat results in melting down insulation. Melted insulation will endanger short circuits.
    • The short circuit can cause a fire incident if it occurs in some sort of non-concrete civil structure.

So please do not draw 16 amps out of a 6amp socket as there are chances of ending up needing to do a complete re-wiring that is much more expensive than the adaptor which is used for the purpose.

36 Comments  |  
    18 Dimers
    • Sort By
    Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
    Link Copied
    Thanks bought one
    Generous Generous
    Admin
    Link Copied

Good price

zaickar still product is available ?

on 3 4 pin codes i can see product oos 

Entertainer Entertainer
    Link Copied

Try

620001 Screenshot2023-01-27-18-37-35-574-editcom.android.chrome

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
    Link Copied

16amp.socket. 🥲

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
    Link Copied

2200 watt needs 16 Amp else plug will burn soon

View 22 more replies
    Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
    Link Copied

Not available for 281121, 490022.😔

Wingman Wingman
    Link Copied

Oos

Wingman Wingman
    Link Copied

Error in deal, showing OOS while checkout

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
    Link Copied
    Ooo
    Helpful Helpful
    Link Copied

Good find plus1🏻

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
    Link Copied

@zaickar bhai ki chaandi.

Public fighting it out and keeping thread active.

So now what¿ 15-20 dimes?😊

Entertainer Entertainer
    Link Copied

expressionlessek id suspend hwa bhai tera...fir v ye harkat @tower (may be it's your) BTW - i think you are like controversy maker... I don't have time for keep reading your out of topic comments...

And we are not here only for dimes... Check upper comments those dimers who have bought...they thanks me atleast i helped dimers..

Or rhi baat public fight ki then i don't think that @bikidas2060 @LordGane @MrKool_JJ @VicksJ these may commented any knid of out of topic discussion... I know you are like jise water 💧 bottle me v ched krke pine ki aadat h... Moreover i am not trolling you.. expressionless i just gave your answer

Post Emperor Post Emperor
    Link Copied

I am half or atleast quarter an electric engineer after reading this thread

replyuser
    Click here to reply